GAISCE is open to all 16-25 year olds.
Rosemary Grain is a PAL (Presidents Award Leader) for the GAISCE programme with Pobail Le Chéile.
Bronze Level: 26 weeks
Silver Level: 52 weeks
Gold Level: 78 weeks
Elements you must take:
Aim: Community involvement offers a young person the opportunity to engage with society and gain an understanding of their role within both their immediate and global community.
Examples of Community Involvement
- Charity: Helping out at Siopa Pobail Community Thrift Shop.
- Youth Work: acting in a leadership role at the YARD an Oige Youth Club
- Older People: Working with Cumann Cairdeas active age group
Aim: To unleash hidden talents and broaden personal interests and skills, achieving full potential through learning and development.
Example of Personal Skill
- Newsletter Production, film and video making
Aim: To improve overall fitness and wellbeing, and to get active. The list possible activities is unlimited.
Examples of Physical Recreation
- Running, walking, cycling, aerobics
- Martial Arts
- Water sports
- Ball Sports
Aim: To inspire young people to develop a spirit of adventure and discovery by planning, training for and completing an outdoor Adventure Journey as part of a team.
Examples of Adventure Journey
- Preparing a Wheelchair users guide to Glenveagh National Park
- Exploring local historical sites such as Ray Church
Aim: The Residential Project offers participants unique experiences that truly broaden horizons and challenges their outlook.